Author offers apologies over Twitter'd review backlash

An author has apologised after using her Twitter account to call on her fans to hit back at "snarky critics". Alice Hoffman used Twitter to strike back at a mixed review of her latest novel The Story Sisters. According to the New York Times, Hoffman described critic Roberta Silman of the Boston Globe as "a moron", after she wrote that her new novel lacked the spark of an earlier work.

Hoffman has now deleted her Twitter account, and in a statement forwarded by her publisher, the Crown Publishing Group division of Random House, said: "I feel this whole situation has been completely blown out of proportion. Of course, I was dismayed by Roberta Silman’s review which gave away the plot of the novel, and in the heat of the moment I responded strongly and I wish I hadn’t. I’m sorry if I offended anyone."

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment